About the Ottawa Newcomer Health Centre
Our centre provides short-term medical services, language support and guidance to refugees and immigrants. Our clients typically stay with us for up to a year while they look for a permanent family doctor or health-care team. We then help our clients make the switch to their permanent provider.
The team at our centre is warm and welcoming. Our staff members speak many different languages, including:
We are sensitive to the needs of new Canadians because many of us were once newcomers ourselves.
Some of us have worked in parts of the world where we helped people facing physical, mental and emotional hardship. Now, we are continuing that work closer to home.
Our centre helps refugees and immigrants:
- Find someone who knows your language
- Find someone to guide you through the health system
- Get health services free of charge
- Identify everything you need to have a healthy mind and body
- Find a doctor or health-care team
- Connect you with eye care, dental care for healthy teeth and gums, and other specialized services
The centre gives you all the help you need under one roof.
It is conveniently located in the same building as the Catholic Centre for Immigrants, next to its client-support services office, where government-assisted refugees receive practical advice for starting new lives in Canada.
For more information, call the Ottawa Newcomer Health Centre: 613-691-0192.